Do you have a hard time thinking of fun and new recipes to get your kids to eat healthy?
These recipes are easy, delicious, healthy, and kid friendly!
Let them help you cook so they see the fun in creating something that they can also eat!
And remember, just because they’re kid friendly doesn’t mean they’re just for kids! Make it a family affair!
Banana French Toast Bake, Makes 12, Serving size 1 slice
2 Medium Bananas
7 Large Eggs
¾ Cup Almond/Coconut Milk
⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
¼ Cup Coconut oil
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
12 Slices Whole grain bread
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees, and grease a 9x13 pan
- Place bananas in a large bowl and use a fork to mash well
- Add eggs, milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and cinnamon, whisk to combine.
- Cut the bread into cubes and add to the bowl, gently fold to get each piece coated by the mixture and spread evenly onto the baking dish. You can also pour the mixture over the bread slices.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with fresh banana slices and maple syrup!
- Take dried apricots, and top each with:
- 1 teaspoon goat cheese rolled into a little ball, then layer,
- 1 dried cranberry ontop
- (optional) a sprig of fresh thyme
1 tomato, stem removed
2 cups strawberries
¼ c fresh cilantro
Juice from ½ a lime
¼ red onion
Finely chop all and combine with a pinch of salt! Serve with crackers or chips
Chocolate Hummus, Serves 4
2 Cups cooked, unsalted chickpeas
3-4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons peanut butter OR almond butter
¼ cup Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve with fresh fruit like apple slices, strawberries, crackers, or pita chips!
Butternut Quesadillas, Makes 4
- Peel, remove seeds, cut into cubes and spread 1 small butternut squash on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes or until fork tender. You can also steam it until soft
- To make 4 quesadillas, you’ll need 8 whole grain tortillas. Mash the butternut squash and spread about ½ c on each of the 4 tortillas, then sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella grated cheese (and a few thyme leaves, optional)
- Top with the second tortilla, and pan fry for 3 minutes or until cheese melts
- Cut into wedges and enjoy hot!
Strawberry Wrap Serves 1
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of goat cheese on a 10 inch whole grain tortilla
- Lay out about 4 sliced strawberries, then top with ¼ c arugula
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper and roll up !
Peanut Butter Avocado Shake, serves 2
Peel 2 bananas, cut into chunks and freeze.
½ ripe avocado-the riper the better
3 ice cubes
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Frozen Yogurt Pops
1 Cup Yogurt, Plain
1 Medium Banana
1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
Stevia to taste
Toss all of the ingredients into a blender and puree, divide evenly between paper cups, cover with foil and pierce foil in the center with a popsicle stick to hold it in place. Freeze for 4-5 hours until solid and enjoy!